We need you to help keep Cape St. Claire a pleasant and safe place to live. CSC Watch (Cape St. Claire Community Watch) promotes working with the local police to help deter crime. Cape St. Claire is located in the Eastern District of the Anne Arundel County Police. We follow the guidelines of the police Watch program and worked with the police directly to set up our group.
Our mission: Promote crime prevention awareness in Cape St. Claire.
What we can do: Observe and Report - call 911 regarding any suspicious activity, crime or trespassing. If you wish to call a non-emergency number, call the Eastern District Police at 410-222-6145.
The foundation of the group is block watching by residents. This means you keep an eye on your block and alert police to any suspicious activity, crime or trespassing.
Patrolling your own block, your section, or the community is an option for interested members. Residents are encouraged to take an active role in watching for crime. If a resident decides they want to patrol their area or anywhere in the community, these are the guidelines as per the police: Basic Patrol Rules, if Block Watchers want to patrol.
- Carry a weapon
- Represent yourself as police or having police authority
- Drink alcohol/abuse any substance when on patrol
- Chase after people, such as speeders
- Ask for identification or to search their property
- Enter private property
- Observe and Report - call 911 for crime, including trespassing
- Practice safety and common sense
- be polite and respectful
- Provide yourself an escape route when looking into a situation
- Have a back up person if possible
- Leave the scene if you are harassed
Security Ideas - The information captured will help police catch people who vandalize or attempt to break into your home or vehicle.
- Install motion detector flood lights on your home.
- Set up video, cameras and lights on and around your home. Hardware and software systems are available at major retailers.